19. Body Acceptance, Strength & Yoga with Dana Falsetti
"Dana Falsetti is an international yoga teacher, writer, and advocate for living an authentic life that begins with self-love and leads to your beautiful, badass self. She has been recognized by millions across social media for her message: anybody can practice yoga and everybody has a right to be their true self no matter what body they are in. Her strong and patient teaching style offers clear instruction and relative alignment, allowing students to empower themselves by building body awareness. Her goal is to create a space where students feel safe to move freely and enjoy the process without expectation. Dana came to her yoga practice during an ultimate low, a place of depression largely from focusing on weight loss and body shaming her whole life. She spent a year dieting and exercising which led to significant weight loss, only to realize that being smaller didn't make her happier because while her body changed, she didn't. Suffering from a binge eating disorder, she struggled with body image and self worth her whole life until she realized she could actually accept and love herself as is. Through a strong yoga practice she learned her true strength, and that the hardest limits were the ones she created herself."
-an exert from Dana Falsetti's Website
Dana and I had the pleasure of chatting about:
- Dieting in childhood, and the binge/ restrict cycle
- Letting go of the desire to lose weight
- Weight stigma & body diversity in the yoga community
- Getting back into your body amidst feelings of shame
- Facing the internal dialogue
- Worthiness & embodiment
- Tapping into internal strength through physical practice
- Finding happiness/ contentment in AnyBody, and beyond the physical
- Dana Falsetti's Website- check out her upcoming retreats in Mexico & Cali!!
- Dana's Instagram @nolatrees
- Dana's Classes on Cody
- DIY Coaching- 10 new slots opening soon!
- Holly's Instagram @hollylowerycny
Get on the newsletter for info about upcoming episodes & VIP details about coaching offerings