08. Letting go of the 'vegan' label + listening to your needs with Carrie Forrest
Carrie Forrest is a blogger based in California who's mission is to create + share inspiration for healthy, happy, balanced living. I first found Carrie way back when I decided to go Vegan, at the time she too was vegan and was creating tons of plant based recipes for her readers.
Since Carrie was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease + later, thyroid cancer, she had to make some shifts when it came to her diet.
In the episode Carrie and I hash out her reasons for transitioning out of veganism, and learning to listen to her body's needs.
Some of the episode highlights:
- Her transition into and out of veganism
- The signs that her diet wasn't working for her
- learning to navigate an autoimmune disease
- overcoming food obsession + binge eating disorder
- Understanding that 'health' doesn't have a size
- moving past black + white thinking
- and combating the food police