Avoid the Winter Germs with my Immune Boosting Tonic
First of all, Happy New Year to you all! If you're like me you've at least thought about your goals for the new year- if you're cut from the exact cloth as me, then you've written them out month by month. Ha! This time of year though it is super easy to get caught up in the rush of the holidays and our resolutions. We forget about taking the time to actually slow down and take care of ourselves. When your stress level is up and the amount of self-care time you have is down, you're even more susceptible to cold & flu season.
This recipe is my go-to tonic to help me stay ahead of the germs and keep plugging forward with my goals!
- 1 mandarin orange or clementine- For Vitamin C
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper- For Vitamin C
- Handful of baby carrots- For Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and antibacterial qualities
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger- Natural Detoxifier and Disinfectant
- 1/2 inch piece fresh turmeric- For Manganese and inflammatory qualities
- 1/2 green apple (optional for added sweetness)- To restore vigor and for antibacterial qualities
Juice or blend all in a high powered blender. Strain if desired or drink straight up for some added fiber!