I offer support, strategy and accountability for those ready to heal from body dissatisfaction, disordered eating and negative self image.
& this is what I know at my core:
- Food, exercise and your physical body should not run your life
- In order to create change you've first gotta get curious what's not working anymore, clear some space and set boundaries
- Your body, heart, mind & soul are innately linked and all work really hard to keep you healthy (even if it doesn't always feel that way)
- Tapping into your spirituality on the regular is a crucial component in the healing & recovery process
- Trauma and limiting beliefs take root in the physical body, which can keep you feeling 'blocked.' But you do have the power to heal (& I've got some tools to help!)
- Self care is the foundation from which healing & recovery is built, and it can (& should) be simple and sustainable
Here's the thing: You have some pretty rad sh*t to do in this life. I wanna help you heal so that you can actually do it.
Take it from someone who has recovered from an eating disorder
I have my own messy history with disordered eating, chronic dieting & negative body image (which you can learn more about here, if you like), so I get it. Recovery and healing feels really effing hard sometimes. It's a messy, lengthy, non-linear process that can feel exhausting to navigate through alone. But you shouldn't (& don't) have to do it alone.
I've been you, which is why I now do this work. It wasn't until I realized how much time and energy I was wasting by trying to shrink myself down, monitor every morsel of food, or beat myself up about what I was eating, that it was time to prioritize my self & my recovery.
Through professional support, unshakeable accountability & strategic self care, recovery from body dissatisfaction and disordered eating, is totally possible.
- I have a B.S. in Communications Studies, which taught me a whole lot about the power & beauty of thoughtful dialogue. It taught me that by simply choosing the right words & asking the right questions, we have the power to create major shifts in the mind, in our actions & our lives.
- Shortly after, I received my coaching certificate from IIN, which taught me the Importance of tuning back into your body & tools for doing so, practical ways to manage your life & recovery so you can start doing the sh*t that matters most, and tactics for setting goals that are in alignment with your spirit.
- And because I tend to crave a little more woo-woo in both my work and my life, I'm always studying & practicing new spiritual healing techniques like pranayama (breath work), tarot, crystals and journaling and simultaneously weaving them into my client work.
Other Things I'm into:
- GOOD coffee, homemade herbal tea, kombucha, beer & other weird fermented drinks
- My Bluetick Coonhound, Bailey (who occasionally makes an appearance on Instagram & in podcast eps)
- Pulling out my tarot cards at any chance I get
- Listening to copious amounts of podcasts
- Eating & cooking weird foods (many of which I once demonized, but now love!)
- Reading the latest in feminism, self-help, health & spirituality
- Speaking & educating the kids around beauty, health and body image with Circles of Change
- Minimalism & DIY interior design
- Brewing beer, dancing & snuggling with my partner
psssst: all made possible by the fact that i've done the hard work of healing & recovery.
Like what I'm about & want more? I've got three next steps for you:
Make sure you're on my weekly(ish) newsletter where I coach about ED recovery, intuitive eating, healing techniques, body acceptance & spirituality
When you sign up you'll also get the password to the vault (where I house 10+ worksheets on Anti-dieting, tapping into your intuition, healing your relationship with food and more). Get in there and take action!
Explore how we might be able to work together through your recovery journey