- a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength.
- the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost.
a return to a normal state of health -mind, body & spirit- by taking action to regain possession of the power stolen from you by disordered behaviors and thoughts
Self care, intuition & recovery
The process of recovering from an eating disorder or disordered eating usually takes an army of support. While I can't be your sole supporter, I can help you take action to prioritize your recovery and regain power over your life. I can help you find alternative ways to cope outside of food & fitness.
I can help you tap your intuition so that you'll be making choices from your place of truth rather than someone else's.
And I can help you set up strategies for healing, caring for yourself and moving forward so you can do the sh*t you actually care about. Like LIVING your damn life.
recovery isn't a scary word
You don't have to have been diagnosed with a full blown eating disorder to decide to recover. You don't have to hit rock bottom before you decide it's time to climb back up. You don't have to do it alone just because you're not 'as bad as you could be.' You can decide you want to recover from any of the following (& then some!) and still ask for support:
- An eating disorder (along the support of a traditional recovery team)
- Yo-Yo dieting and/or weight cycling
- Disordered eating or 'food weirdness' which is simply that your relationship with food, fitness or your body is not as healthy as it could be; usually characterized by guilt, shame, fear and lots of rules around food
- Body dissatisfaction or negative body/self image
- Feelings of unworthiness, 'brokenness,' perfectionistic and people pleasing tendencies, and the desire to always be in control
- An unhealthy preoccupation with health and wellness
- Limiting beliefs, emotional blocks and/or trauma stuck inside the physical body
What we can work on:
- Learning to recognize & reject the eating disorder voice and/or diet mentality
- Creating or strengthening your personal spiritual practice
- Releasing limiting beliefs & emotional blocks from the body with the breath
- Learning how to set boundaries, advocate for yourself and feel empowered in your life
- Aligning your everyday choices & goals with your values
- Setting up sustainable self care strategies that support your recovery
- Amping up the pleasure, ease & magic in your life
- Strengthening your intuition, as well as your connection to your body
- Neutralizing all foods & trusting yourself to honor your body's needs
- Shifting from 'exercise' to the 'movement' mindset
- Recognizing & believing your own unique beauty
- Keeping accountable to your meal plan (if applicable)
How coaching works:
First we'll come together for a free consult to discuss your food & body history, identify your goals and what kind of support is best going to serve you.
If we're a fit. we'll meet 2-4 times per month in person (hey Syracusians!) or via Skype. Because the recovery process is highly individual, how often we meet will depend on your need (If you think you need more support than these standard sessions, see the Bite Size Sessions & Meal Support info below).
We'll meet for about an hour and during that time discuss what you need support around, moment to moment, and set up strategies to work through it. We'll celebrate your wins along the way, and work on releasing some of the old, limiting beliefs pent up within the body. At the end of each session we'll set an intention around what you'd like to focus on in the week(s) ahead.
After each session you'll receive an email from me with notes & action items. You'll also get a personal progress tracker, session recordings and custom worksheets to help you hone in on what needs healing.
recovery Coaching includes:
+ personal cheerleading & talk-it-out time as you heal, with someone who has recovered from an eating disorder
+ 2-3 intentional action items & custom worksheets from each session to help support you in the coming week(s)
+ a personal progress tracker to help keep track of your recovery goals & celebrate your wins along the way
+ recordings of each coaching session for you to reflect back on
+ digital access to me via email or text for any of your support & accountability needs
2 sessions/ month
3 sessions/ month
4 sessions/ month
*all clients start at with a 3 month minimum commitment, as this work is no quick-fix. This is for the person who is ready to deep dive and fully commit to their healing & recovery
Additional services available:
mini 10-15 minute coaching calls to supplement our full sessions. These are especially helpful if you're having a tough week, need support at meal time, or want that extra accountability to keep up with your recovery goals.
40 minute coaching calls to help you keep on track with your recommended meal plan, explore a variety of foods, normalize meal time, practice engaging all your senses, and challenge the inner food police voice. These sessions are especially helpful for those in transition from treatment.